16 International Keynote Speakers
CV Björn Ludwig
• Björn Ludwig maintains a private orthodontic practice in Traben-Trarbach, Germany.
• He is Assistant Professor at the University of Homburg/Saar, Department of Orthodontics.
• His focus of research work is skelettal anchorage and 3D imaging.
• He has published more than 200 peer reviewed clinical and scientific articles and is editor of several books.
• He is editor in chief of the Quintessenz publication “Kieferorthopädie” (Orthodontics).
• He is also associate editor of the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics.
Reflecting on orthodontics today: considering the BEGG perspective
A question that I find myself pondering almost daily is: What has truly changed since the introduction of the BEGG technique to Europe? What transformations have taken place in orthodontics over the past five decades?
Certainly, the human being remains the same, with the same number of teeth, identical bone structure, consistent oral health issues, and unaltered biological and aesthetic limitations. So, what sets today apart? It’s primarily the appliances – yet what impact does technology, the far-reaching influence of the internet, and our changed patterns of social interaction exert? Have the internet and social media only brought positive aspects, or do they mask certain missed opportunities?
I would like to extend an invitation to you, to join me on a deeply personal journey of reflection, exploring my individual perspective on orthodontics in the context of the European BEGG movement.