16 International Keynote Speakers
CV Lorenz Moser
• M.D. University of Innsbruck (A)
• D.D.S. University of Innsbruck
• Postgraduate Orthodontic Training University of Innsbruck
• Since 35 years in Private Practice of Orthodontics in Bolzano, Italy with Ute Schneider-Moser
• Diplomate European Board of Orthodontists E.B.O.
• Diplomate Italian Board of Orthodontists I.B.O.
• Since 2001 Active member Angle Society of Europe (ASE)
• Since 2003 Visiting professor University of Ferrara (I)
• 2004-2006 Secretary of the Angle Society of Europe
• 2006-2008 Chairman EBO Examination Committee
• 2021 Honorary Member Accademia Italiana di Ortodonzia (AIdOr)
Orthodontic treatment solutions in patients with missing teeth in the esthetic zone
Lorenz Moser and Ute Schneider-Moser
Patients affected by missing teeth in the esthetic zone due to agenesis or transpositions, impacted or retained teeth, tooth malformations such as dilaceration or enamel dysplasia, and the entire range of dental trauma may sometimes require unusual treatment approaches. The therapeutic challenge in these patients is to select 1) the most appropriate orthodontic strategy without the need for extremely sophisticated mechanics, 2) to keep treatment time within acceptable limits for not risking iatrogenic damages, e.g. major root resorptions and 3) to avoid the necessity for a future extensive implanto-prosthodontic rehabilitation whenever feasible. Simple, but efficient treatment strategies for clinical patients with missing teeth in the upper AND in the lower esthetic zone will be presented to explain the pros and cons of space closure and space opening.