REGULATIONS BEGG PRIZE 2024
The Booy Foundation offers the biennial Begg Prize. The prize is given in memory of Percival Raymond Begg (1898-1983), who was a professor at the University of Adelaide School of Dentistry and a well known orthodontist. He was famous for developing the ‘Begg technique’. The Begg Prize 2024 consists of the amount of money of € 2500.
Article 1 Begg Prize
1) The Begg Prize recognizes new significant clinically relevant contributions to daily orthodontics through scientific research;
2) Orthodontists and researchers in the field of orthodontics are invited to submit entries.
Article 2 Applications
1) Applications must be done through www.booyfoundation.nl (Begg Prize);
2) Applications must include a short motivation of the applicant;
3) Applications must include relevant research publications not older than two (2) years before 1 January 2024;
4) The file should be submitted before 1 January 2024 as a single e-mail attached PDF document with applicant’s name and title, e-mail address, and name of applicant’s institution to: email@example.com;
5) Only digital files will be accepted.
Article 3 Jury
1) Judging takes place by the jury of the Begg Prize;
2) The jury is appointed by the Board of the Booy Foundation;
3) The jury’s decisions are irrevocable.
Article 4 Award ceremony
1) The result regarding the nomination of the winner of the Begg Prize will be announced during the award ceremony itself;
2) The winner is expected to give a short presentation during the presentation of the prize at the ORTHO-AMSTERDAM 2024 congress;
3) The winner will be announced on the website of the Booy Foundation (www.booyfoundation.nl);
4) It is not possible to correspond about the results.
Article 5 Lack of candidates
If no suitable candidates are identified in a particular year then no prize will be offered.
Article 6 Exception of rules
In cases not covered by these regulations or in special circumstances in which there are deviations from these regulations, the Board of the Booy Foundation will decide.